Jefferson County, West Virginia Outdoor Activities
We can’t forget the about the gorgeous, inspiring natural beauty that Jefferson County offers to residents and visitors alike. It’s one of the many community amenities our county has to offer. Outdoor adventurers will never be at a loss for things to do, including the following West Virginia outdoor activities:
- The Appalachian Trail invites adventurers to hike or bike the hundreds of miles of the trail that run through Harpers Ferry and West Virginia.
- The Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers offer unlimited opportunities for fishing, boating, kayaking, rafting, and otherwise enjoying river-based water activities.
- Golfing, courtesy of one of three large golf courses in Jefferson County: Cress Creek, Locust Hill, and Sleepy Hollow.
- Beautiful scenery and family-friendly play at one of seven developed parks in Jefferson County: Sam Michaels Park, Leetown Park, South Jefferson Park, Moulton Park, Bolivar Nature Park, Morgan’s Grove Park, and Mount Mission Park.
- Cool Spring Preserve features a wooded landscape bordered on one side by Bullskin Run, a major stream with significant historical value. Visitors can enjoy the designated birding “hotspot” and easy, well-kept nature walking trails.
- And even more outdoor recreational opportunities!