Major Employers in Eastern Panhandle & Jefferson County, WV
A number of large companies and ventures already tap into the high-quality workforce and convenient location of Jefferson County. A brief list of such companies includes the following:
- American Public University System (APUS) is among West Virginia’s top 100 Largest Private Employers and provides career-focused online training and education programs to national and international scholars. Today, APUS is one of the leading providers of online education and is frequently recognized by the prestigious Online Learning Consortium (OLC) for best practices in online education. In 2014, APUS established the Eastern Panhandle Technology Innovation Center, a business incubator that helps entrepreneurs, start-ups, technology innovators, and small businesses.
- Automated Merchandising Systems (AMS) is a privately owned manufacturing company that develops and manufactures innovative, state-of-the-art vending machines.
- PNGI Charles Town Gaming is among West Virginia’s top 100 Largest Private Employers and is the largest employer in Jefferson County. The company provides entertainment, gaming, and tourism opportunities at Hollywood Casino and the Races at Charles Town.
- DALB, Inc. is a manufacturer of printed signage and parts for vending equipment OEMs, point-of-sale displays, industrial equipment, and unique proprietary specialized products. DALB products encompass a wide range of applications, from environmentally demanding to high-security environments.
- Harpers Ferry National Historical Park covers 4,300 acres in three states (West Virginia, Virginia and Maryland) and offers hiking, museums, events, tours, restaurants and shopping. The park is major player in Jefferson County’s almost $1 billion tourism industry, attracting more than 600,000 international visitors a year. The historic Harpers Ferry village, site of John Brown’s raid and many other historical happenings, is situated inside the park.
- Summit Point Motorsports Park is an internationally known racing and driving training facility. Built in 1969, today Summit Point has expanded to three road racing circuits for amateur automobile, kart, and motorcycle racing. Elite, highly specialist driver education and firearms training is provided for federal and local law enforcement agencies by BSR, Inc.