We can’t forget the about the gorgeous, inspiring natural beauty that Jefferson County offers to residents and visitors alike. Outdoor adventurers will never be at a loss for things to do, including the following opportunities for outdoor recreation:
- The Appalachian Trail invites adventurers to hike or bike the hundreds of miles of the trail that run through Harpers Ferry and West Virginia.
- The Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers offer unlimited opportunities for fishing, boating, kayaking, rafting, and otherwise enjoying river-based water activities.
- Golfing, courtesy of one of three large golf courses in Jefferson County: Cress Creek, Locust Hill, and Sleepy Hollow.
- Beautiful scenery and family-friendly play at one of seven developed parks in Jefferson County: Sam Michaels Park, Leetown Park, South Jefferson Park, Moulton Park, Bolivar Nature Park, Morgan’s Grove Park, and Mount Mission Park.
- And even more outdoor activities!