West Virginia has the nation’s third-lowest overall cost of doing business. Here are some reasons why:
- West Virginia's skilled workers are among the nation’s most productive – and turn-over rates are some of the lowest in the country.
- West Virginia’s electric rates are among the lowest in the nation.
- West Virginia exports two-thirds of the electricity it generates.
- The state is the leading exporter of natural gas as a percent of total production east of the Mississippi.
- West Virginia ranks second in the U.S. for coal production, at 150 million tons per year.
- The state has an abundant water supply, with most areas providing in excess of 250,000 gallons per day of water capacity
Our abundant natural resources, such as coal, natural gas, and hardwood, help to keep our utility costs low.
Telecommunications options continue to expand throughout Jefferson County. Companies such as Comcast, Frontier Communications, Verizon, Sprint PCS, US Cellular, Tmobile, and AT&T offer premium cell phone, high speed internet, and other services to Jefferson County businesses and residents.
Roach Energy, Southern States, Smith Oil Company
Columbia Propane, Shawley's Gas Company, Thompson Gas, Amerigas Propane, United Propane
First Energy / Potomac Edison
Personal Communication Systems
Sprint, US Cellular, AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon