The mission of the Jefferson County Development Authority is to provide an increased and diverse tax base for Jefferson County. We also provide new employment opportunities for our citizens through the attraction of medium sized light manufacturing and other types of business, and through the retention and expansion of existing businesses.
Our responsibilities include:
- Attracting new business and industry to create new jobs and investment in the county
- Working with existing business to expand or solve problems
- Working to improve the business climate in the State of West Virginia
- Developing marketing materials that promote Jefferson County
- Developing and managing the Bardane and Burr Business Parks
The Jefferson County Development Authority (JCDA) was established in 1979, by order of the Jefferson County Commission, as permitted by Chapter 7 of the West Virginia Code. The purpose of the Authority is to promote, develop and advance the business prosperity and economic welfare of the County for which it is created
The JCDA Board of Directors meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of every month.