The Jefferson County Development Authority is available, on a confidential, no cost basis, to assist business and industry in making the decision to come to Jefferson County. The JCDA has a staff of five and a 15 member volunteer Board of Directors appointed by the county commission and the municipalities. Its offices are located in the Jefferson County Public Services Center, adjacent to the Burr Business Park.
- Provide existing businesses with retention and expansion programs and services
- Connect businesses and prospects with the appropriate local and state resources
- Provide site selection assistance for new or existing businesses
- Coordinate services with the West Virginia Development Office to help prospects take full advantage of all available incentives, including tax credits, financial assistance packages and training assistance programs
- Encourage small business creation and growth by providing a monthly Eastern Panhandle Entrepreneurs Forum to facilitate networking, mentoring, and free information
- Pursue and create opportunities to assist agri-business and agri-tourism through the Agriculture Development officer
- Provide local businesses with qualified local workforce candidates by granting access to a regional workforce database
Additional services available through customized assistance provided to ensure each project is successful.