Jefferson County provides all the benefits of a location within the Washington/Baltimore region without the usual high costs associated with such prime real estate. We have an inventory of new office space available for lease, shovel ready sites in our business parks, and lower business costs than surrounding areas. We are strategically located on a substantial transportation network convenient for rail, plane, and automobile.
The state has made considerable changes and progress to make West Virginia a friendly, affordable place for your business.
A few highlights:
- West Virginia’s cost of doing business is 15 percent lower than the U.S. average and ranks as the third lowest in the country, according to Moody’s Economy.com.
- West Virginia removed approximately $126 million of business tax burden in FY 2012 and more than $450 million during the past six years.
- A 2.9 percent decrease in Workers’ Compensation insurance rates took effect on November 1, 2010. Overall rates have declined 43.7 percent since the privatization of the system on January 1, 2006.
- The Business Franchise Tax will be eliminated by 2015 (currently 0.34 percent).
- Corporate Net Income Tax rate will be reduced to 6.5 percent by 2014 (currently 8.5).
- West Virginia’s cost of living is 5.6 percent lower than the national average.
The Jefferson County Development Authority is available on a confidential no-cost basis to help you learn about the available commercial opportunities in Jefferson County, WV.
While managing the sale of land in Burr Business Park, we work with local property owners and real estate agents to stay current on the commercial offerings countywide. Guiding businesses through the process of a relocation or expansion, we assist our clients by helping them determine best fit locations and connecting them with the appropriate person(s) to arrange site visits. We'll walk you through the various incentive packages, and collect the demographics to showcase the opportunity and success your company can have in Jefferson County, West Virginia.
To search the West Virginia Development Office website for feature commercial property/land available in Jefferson County, please click here and enter your search criteria. Because the WVDO website is not all inclusive, we encourage you to contact the Jefferson County Development Authority for a more comprehensive listing of available property.